Production Engineer – Great Yarmouth – Permanent – £DOE
We are delighted to be working on behalf of our client in Great Yarmouth with this exciting new role within their team. You will be working closely with the Senior Management team to drive improvements in production processes, procedures and quality controls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assist in the design of new products, fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks and review processes to ensure the cost-effective integration into manufacturing operations
– Reviewing/Generating production documentation, work instructions, quality control points and standard operating procedures
– Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities to then present progress at meetings and to clients, where necessary.
– Perform root cause analysis and resolve problem
– Support the Maintenance Engineer by assisting with ongoing improvement and development of the maintenance plans and general understanding of repairs
– Evaluate manufacturing processes; apply developed knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
– Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors to gain an efficient solution, presenting said solution detailing payback analysis, potential time and cost saving.
– Develop the companies desired move towards Lean manufacturing and adoption of 5S.
– Assure product and process quality, with input from generated non conformities from internal and external customers by improving manufacturing techniques and processes, and by designing in process testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities.
– Clear understanding of manufacturing processes, engineering drawings and other technical information in a manufacturing environment
– Strong problem-solving skills and logical approach
– Understand lean manufacturing methodologies and techniques and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
– Planning and prioritising activities with the ability to present data effectively
– Understanding of Health and Safety practices
– Demonstrable team working skills
– High level of IT and Analytical skills
– Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
– Relevant manufacturing/engineering qualifications
– Ability to use CAD packages and ability to design process layouts
Salary Depending on experience
Hours: Full time hours – standard 39 per week
Terms: Permanent role
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria, please call Roberta at our Hales Group branch in Lowestoft on 01502 582000, alternatively send your CV to email@example.com
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.