Hales Home Care has an exciting vacancy for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist in South Tyneside.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and must be available to start full time in August. This role is suitable for someone who is a good listener, great communicator, and has a natural interest in problem-solving.
* Conduct accurate holistic assessments of service users needs in accordance with approved care plan
* Assess, discuss and agree upon functional goals related to daily living that are important to the service user such as washing, dressing, domestic chores, bathing, driving, preparing and eating meals, or participating in work, school or leisure activities
* Educate service users and give advice on the safe use of functional equipment, ensuring correct equipment is ordered, delivery and fitted correctly
* Complete medical observations as per agreed clinical pathways within scope of practice, for service users in their home
* Working with GPs, hospital discharge teams, etc.
* Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
* Experience of completing assessments and reviews
* Experience of working with adults/older people/ people with a physical disability and their carers in a community setting
* Experience in using IT system and dealing with safeguarding issues
* Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team in a Social Care or Health setting
At Hales we offer:
* A wide range of company benefits including childcare vouchers, high street discounts and car lease scheme (T&C’s apply)
* Holiday pay – up to 31 days per year
* Performance related bonus
* Pension and life insurance
* FREE Employee Assistance Helpline
* Career development opportunity
Hales Home Care is a leading home care provider that can offer development and an exciting career path. If you can demonstrate previous experience in a similar role, excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and passion for delivering quality care to our service users, we would love to hear from you – apply today!
Due to the high level of response we receive, if you have not heard within 7 days please assume your application has not been successful.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.